CI Financial Corp. is a diversified wealth management firm and one of Canada's largest investment fund companies. Independent and Canadian-owned, CI is committed to providing investors with a comprehensive and innovative selection of top-quality investment products and services.
Since it began managing money in 1965, CI has consistently anticipated and responded to the changing needs of Canadian investors. Starting with its expertise in the international mutual fund arena, CI has steadily enhanced and improved its lineup. CI is built on choice – offering the best possible choice in portfolio management expertise and in products and services.
CI became a public company in June 1994, listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol CIX. CI is a constituent company of the S&P/TSX Composite Index.
CI operates primarily through these companies:
- CI Investments Inc., which offers a wide selection of investment funds and services under the CI, Cambridge, Harbour, Signature, Synergy, Portfolio Series, Portfolio Select Series and CI Guaranteed Retirement Cash Flow Series banners. CI Investments also provides a wide choice of leading portfolio management teams, representing investment styles ranging from value to growth. For further information, please visit www.ci.com.
CI Investments serves the institutional investment marketplace through a dedicated division, CI Institutional Asset Management. Its website is www.ciinstitutional.com.
- Assante Wealth Management (Canada) Ltd. is recognized as a leader in the financial planning industry with a national network of about 750 professional investment advisors. Assante Wealth Management's subsidiaries include Assante Capital Management Ltd. and Assante Financial Management Ltd. Assante advisors have exclusive access to a customized brand of solutions managed by CI Investments. With active management from leading portfolio managers, these solutions combine investment expertise with wealth planning strategies. For high net worth clients with sophisticated wealth planning needs, we offer our exclusive Private Client Managed Portfolios through CI Private Counsel LP. For further information, please visit www.assante.com.
- Stonegate Private Counsel, a division of CI Private Counsel LP, provides wealth planning services to high net worth individuals and families. For more information about Stonegate’s integrated wealth services, visit www.stonegatepc.com.
- Grant Samuel Funds Management (GSFM) specializes in marketing funds managed by high-calibre local and international managers to Australian and New Zealand institutional and Australian retail investors. GSFM also owns an equity stake in Tribeca Investment Partners of Sydney, a successful boutique manager which has been investing clients' funds since 1999. For more information about GSFM, please visit www.gsfm.com.au.
- First Asset Capital Corp., a wholly owned subsidiary of CI Financial, is a leader in providing actively managed and factor-based exchange-traded funds (ETFs) to the Canadian marketplace. More information about its lineup is available at www.firstasset.com.
CI also holds a majority stake in fixed-income asset manager Marret Asset Management Inc. (www.marret.com), and minority interests in alternative asset manager Lawrence Park Capital Partners, Ltd. (www.lpcapitalpartners.com), and global investment manager Altrinsic Global Advisors, LLC of Greenwich, Connecticut.
- Information about CI’s assets and financial position is updated monthly and is available by going to the Statistics section.
- CI Investments' excellence in fund management has been recognized through 55 Morningstar Awards and 56 Lipper Fund Awards.
- CI pays a monthly dividend of $0.115 per share, for a total annual dividend rate of $1.38.
- CI went public in June 1994 at a price per share of $1.375, adjusted for two-for-one splits in April 1998, January 2000 and November 2000. CI was structured as an income trust from June 30, 2006 to January 1, 2009.
- CI's acquisitions include BPI Financial Corp. in 1999, Spectrum Investment Management Ltd. and Clarica Diversico Ltd. in 2002, Assante Corp., Synergy Asset Management Inc. and Skylon Capital Corp. in 2003, IQON Financial Management Inc. and Synera Financial Services Inc. in 2004, Rockwater Capital Corp. in 2007, Perimeter Financial Corp. in 2009, Hartford Investments Canada Corp. in 2010, Marret Asset Management Inc. in 2013, First Asset Capital Corp. in 2015, and Grant Samuel Funds Management in 2016.
Board of Directors of CI Financial:
Peter W. Anderson,
Chief Executive Officer and Director of CI Financial
Ronald D. Besse, President, Besseco Holdings Inc.; Director of CI Financial
Sonia A. Baxendale, Corporate Director; Director of CI Financial
Paul W. Derksen, Corporate Director; Director and Lead Director of CI Financial
William T. Holland, Executive Chairman and Director of CI Financial
H.B. Clay Horner, Partner and Vice-Chair, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP; Director of CI Financial
David P. Miller, Chief Legal Officer and Secretary, Rogers Communications Inc.; Director of CI Financial
Stephen T. Moore, Managing Director, Newhaven Asset Management Inc.; Director of CI Financial
Tom P. Muir, Managing Director, Muir Detlefsen & Associates Limited;
Director of CI Financial
A. Winn Oughtred, Retired Lawyer and Corporate Director; Director of CI Financial
David J. Riddle, President, C-MAX Capital Inc.; Director of CI Financial
For more information about the mandate of the board and its various committees, please see the Corporate Governance section.
CI Financial Executive Team:
William T. Holland, Executive Chairman
Peter W. Anderson, Chief Executive Officer
Sheila A. Murray, President and General Counsel
Douglas J. Jamieson, Executive Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer
David C. Pauli, Executive Vice-President
Steven J. Donald, Executive Vice-President; President, Assante Wealth Management
Neal A. Kerr,
Executive Vice-President, Investment Management, CI Investments Inc.
Barry H. Gordon,
President and Chief Executive Officer, First Asset Capital Corp.
Roy Ratnavel, Senior Vice-President, National Sales Manager, CI Investments Inc.
Corporate Auditors: Ernst & Young LLP
Fund Auditors: PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP